So why is this update so important for Amazon sellers? Here are five reasons why sellers should take advantage of this feature:
- The number one reason for using video in your product listings? Video converts more customers.
- Videos are far more engaging to present information and demand more customer attention compared to text and images.
- Videos have higher retention rates so sellers can create video content to get the message across to customers.
- Having a video showing how your product works or fits will answer any questions customers might have thus saving you from potential negative reviews.
- Videos are great for SEO. A lot of companies are putting priorities on video content and including a video in your product listing will increase the likelihood that your customers will find you when searching for relevant information.
How To Upload A Video To Your Amazon Listing
Step 1 – Navigate to Upload & Manage Videos
Navigate to “Upload & Manage Videos” under the “Inventory” tab as shown in the image below.
Step 2 – Upload Video
Click “Upload Video” and find and select your video file.
Step 3 – Enter Video Details
The final step is to insert details of the video. Use a thumbnail that represents the video and have your main product keywords in your video title. Select the ASINs relating to the video and click the “Submit” button to send to Amazon for approval.
Every seller has the opportunity to become brand registered, this opens a plethora of marketing opportunities including video content. Take initiative, get brand registered and capture low hanging sales from competitors who fail to take advantage of this new listing strategy. An investment in high-quality video content will pay dividends well into the future, elevating your listing above the competition, increasing conversion rates, and growing your business.